Before it gets really cold outside and the urge to venture outside your front door disappears, take advantage of some comedy that will warm your soul. This Friday, October 19th 2012, is a sneak peak of the second Dark Comedy Festival in Toronto. From October 31st to November 10th you can catch some really seedy, morbid and yet hilarious comedy from some very disturbed comedians. Ah, just the way I like ’em!
Comedian Rob Mailloux started the event in 2011. Over the span of ten days, he had 50 performers doing 18 shows. The following month, it went to Vancouver with Jim Jefferies. This year he’s bringing 4 days of darkness to Vancouver. He started the festival to promote the edgier side of comedy across Canada. He did a remarkable job last year, he’s ready to kick butt again this year.
What’s new this time around? For 70$, your pass will give you access to all 10 shows. premium seating at the Jim Norton Show, premium seating at the Roast Show and a free Dark Comedy Festival T-shirt. Each pass gives you admission to one Maria Bamford show. Plus, just for buying the pass, you can get to see secret shows that only pass holders can attend. It sells itself! You still have the option of buying tickets for a specific show if you only have a little dark hole inside of you. But make sure to check properly as some may have limited seating.
Here’s the lineup
- Oct 19 – 8pm Festival Preview – Brian Posehn
- Oct 31 – 9pm Roast of Toronto Batman
- Nov 1-3 Maria Bamford
- Nov 4 – 9pm Rock Stars of Comedy*
- Nov 5 – 9pm Best of the Fest*
- Nov 6 – 9pm Comedy Campaign*
- Nov 7 – 9pm Future of the Fest
- Nov 8 – 8pm John Moses
- Nov 9 – 8pm Jim Norton
- Nov 10 – 8pm Eddie Pepitone
- Nov 3 -12pm Drunk Show
- Nov 8 – 10pm Anything Goes with Darren Frost and Dave Martin : Special Guest TBA
- Nov 9 – Midnight Sex Show
- Nov 10 – Midnight After Party